Works Council Training Module 1
Seminar in English
A growing number of companies in Germany have a multinational composition with English as the official language of communication. The requirements of German labour law and the Works Council Constitution Act (BetrVG) are unique and can lead to many traps and misunderstandings, especially between local staff and a foreign management. We offer a three-day Works Council Training on the basic tenets of the BetrVG.
Principles of the German Works Council Constitution Act
Module 1 focuses on the training of members of the Works Council on the basic principles of the German Works Council Constitution Act (BetrVG).
- Introduction to the German Works Council Constitution Act (BetrVG=Betriebsverfassungsgesetz)
- General tasks and obligations e.g. §§ 27-37 BetrVG
- Roles and responsibilities of the works council § 99 BetrVG
- Key information and co-determination rights e.g. §§ 80 and 87 BetrVG
- Principles of co-operation between the Works Council and the employer
- Works Council and staff assembly meetings
|Seminarnumber:||#2019044 and #2019045|
|Seminar leader:||Reino Gevers|
The training offered complies with the requirements of § 37 (6) BetrVG. A Works Council resolution is required for an assumption of costs by your employer.