A growing number of companies in Germany have a multinational composition with English as the official language of communication. The requirements of German labour law and the Works Council Constitution Act (BetrVG) are unique and can lead to many traps and misunderstandings, especially between local staff and a foreign management.
We offer a three-day training on the basic tenets of the BetrVG. The content is provided in an understandable and practical way. The course and all training material is provided in English.
- Co-determination rights on staff matters
- Co-determination regarding social matters
- Basic tasks and responsibilities of a Works Council
- The Works Council agenda and decision-making process
- Time off for Works Council work
- Confidentiality issues and cooperation with the employer
- The working schedule of a Works Council
- The Employees Meeting and public relations work in the establishment
- Works Council enforcement options